What do you do when a loved one becomes incapacitated and does not have
a Power of Attorney?

Who is authorized to make decisions?

How can bills be paid?

When an individual becomes incapacitated–and there is no authorized decision-maker–a guardianship proceeding may be necessary to have the court appoint a decision-maker. This proceeding involves filing a petition with the court in the county in which the incapacitated person resides and having a hearing where the judge appoints someone to act on behalf of the incapacitated person.

We can assist you in becoming appointed as Guardian of the person and estate of a loved one to insure that your loved one will be secure and cared for and that you will be in control of the financial and medical decision-making.